In a world where time and budgets are increasingly under pressure, the online survey is a staple of quantitative market research.
By gathering responses from your customers (or your competitors’ customers), you can quickly test concepts and programs, determine price points, gauge customer satisfaction, and more—all for significantly less than fielding such a study in person or over the telephone.
FYI on DIY
Driven by the need to cut costs, you may be tempted to turn to any number of DIY survey platforms. While these tools can certainly be used effectively for some studies, it’s easy to lose sight of the hidden costs associated with fielding your market research this way. Consider:
- Do you have staff members experienced in constructing survey instruments that will deliver the results you need?
- Who on your team will actually program the survey?
- What if your optimal design is not supported by the DIY tool you have selected?
- What about sampling, one of the most important elements of any research study design?
Without the correct resources in place, using a DIY tool can result in diminished value for your budget, and crucially, foster business decisions based on inaccurate conclusions. This can put a strain on the relationship you have with internal stakeholders and steer your company into dangerous, unprofitable waters.
Full service support, from start to finish
Unlike a DIY tool provider, we take a full-service approach with all online surveys, whether you want to simply collect the data or need to address a business opportunity with a full report, consulting, and analysis.
With every online survey, you get the following services:
- Questionnaire assistance or design, as needed.
- Expert sample management, including carefully calibrated invitations and reminders to maximize response rates.
- U.S. Census balancing for all general population studies, or other stratification as requested.
- Support for complex study requirements.
- Several rounds of quality control checks.
- Secure, real-time access to data using the FGI SmartPortal.
- Optional: expert reporting, consulting, and analysis.
- A dedicated project manager who handles every facet of your project, from start to finish, while regularly communicating with you about your study’s progress.
Because we bring you a team of real people, not just a piece of software, we can fully customize your research and offer support for your needs as they arise.
Probably the most compelling arguments for our approach to online consumer surveys are the results our clients have seen. Consider the following examples:
- A membership organization was looking to offer a new membership package to grow its market share. We designed and launched a concept test with MaxDiff scaling. As a result of the survey, they discovered the best price point for participation, the components of the package the members found most attractive and worth the money, and the target market most likely to join the organization.
- An electric utility wanted to know whether small business owners would participate in a recently launched green energy program. After an awareness and usage survey (for advertising of the program) and a concept test, they were better able to evaluate the components of the program that were most attractive to their customers and determine whether further advertising spend would make an impact. Read the whole case study.
- A grocery chain needed to track customer satisfaction data collected from their custom online panel. They have a market research department in-house, so FGI provided the quarterly results in several file formats and gave them access to the data real-time as it was being collected via our SmartPortal.
For more details on any of the above or a walk-through of our other case studies, schedule a call with our team.